Charoite Stone on Lafayette Pen
Charoite is a rare Siberian mineral that is usually only found in finished jewelry because of export restrictions. My first experience with charoite was when I took my son, an avid mineral collector, on our first visit to the Tucson Rock, Gem and Mineral Show several years ago. We found a Russian rock merchant whose English was only slightly better than my Russian, he had an entire table top piled up with big chunks of charoite. After some hasty price negotiations we settled on $2.50 and ounce (at least I thought we were talking about a per ounce price). My son picked out a nice large piece and the dealer took to his scale to figure the total. It was when he came back and announced that the total was several hundred dollars that I realized he was pricing it per gram. Needless to say we bought a much smaller piece which we now have in our collection.
Weight 2.7 ounces, length 5.75 inches capped. This pen fits in our large glass pen holders and this purple glass pen holder is a great match, it will arrive in a drawstring bag but a walnut presentation box is available. Are you interested in a nib upgrade to 18 carat gold? Contact us for current pricing, gold prices are currently volatile.
- Flex steel German made #5 nib
- Choose extra fine, fine, medium or broad nib
- Fills with cartridge or converter
- Space in body for spare cartridge
- Nib has been examined and fine tuned
- Ink refill by Schmidt/Private Reserve, fast drying
- Ceramic rollerball for smooth writing
- Choose black or blue ink, fine or medium tip